Writing a Song a Week: Rules of the Game
Dec 18, 2020
I think it’s a good idea to lay down some basic rules here. What will push me to be better and what will make it easier for me to accomplish this goal? I want a nice balance.
- The song must be recorded in some way, but it does not need to be mixed or mastered.
- The song should be at least 2 minutes long.
- Ideas, chord progressions, melodies, beats, lyrics, etc can be used even if they were written before 2021.
- I can write songs with other people.
- More than one song can be written in a week.
- A song doesn’t need to be written each week exactly, but there must be 52 songs written by December 31, 2021.
Why am I doing this? I wrote about that!
If you’d like to keep up with this project, subscribe for email updates. I send the updates occasionally, but not enough to overwhelm your inbox! If you’d like a list of all the songs I’ve written so far, here’s a link!